New Job Position Alert: PART-TIME OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (NONPROFIT)
- Nov 21, 2022
Are you looking to work in a creative industry with a dynamic nonprofit organization in our 44th year of operations? Do you align with our mission to enhance the lives of people of all ages and abilities by creating equitable opportunities to engage in the arts? Could a flexible schedule during business hours, Monday through Friday work for you? Arts Horizons has a new job position and seeks a Part-Time Operations Coordinator for our Englewood, NJ office.
The Operations Coordinator position will be for 20 hours/week ONSITE at the Arts Horizons office in Englewood, NJ. The schedule can be flexible during business hours M-F between 8:00am and 5:00am. The position will support nonprofit office and virtual operations to ensure that tasks are accomplished efficiently and effectively. They will provide database support using QuickBooks to assist Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables. They will oversee organization registrations, execute purchasing, and manage relationships with key vendors. They will streamline operational procedures, assist with special events and conduct research for new initiatives for quality improvement in our day-to-day operations. The position will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Finance Manager Consultant and Program Managers.
- Database entry in QuickBooks for Accounts Receivables to generate and issue monthly invoices
- Support Accounts Payables to enter vendor bills and artist invoices in QuickBooks
- Liaise with vendors and execute purchasing
- Ensure that office equipment is maintained properly
- Serve as a point person with vendors for office technology systems and platforms and coordinate training with staff
- Conduct research for new technology and initiatives for quality improvement in our day-to-day operations.
- Document and file paperwork in digital, cloud based and paper formats
- Coordinate logistics for trainings, special projects, and events
- Support with grants and donor management tasks
- Assist to upload digital content on website and social media channels
- Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze administrative, financial, and technical problems and recommend effective solutions
- Background and/or interest in arts, education, and/or non-profit organizations
- Detail-oriented & able to work flexibly & collaboratively across different departments
- Marketing and Social Media Skills a plus
- Please e-mail thoughtful cover letter, resume, to:
- Dena Isles, Executive Director
- No phone calls please
- Deadline: Thursday December 15th, 2022
About Arts Horizons:
Arts Horizons has positively impacted more than 10 million people through the arts over the past 44 years. Our mission is to enhance the lives of people of all ages and abilities by creating equitable opportunities to engage in the arts. We believe that arts and culture are fundamental to enrich education and provide meaningful interactions for communities to reflect on shared human experiences. Drawing on our wealth of experience, we offer innovative multi-cultural arts programming for youth from early childhood through senior citizens. The full breadth of our arts and culture programming reaches schools, hospitals, camps, community centers, senior centers, independent living facilities, public libraries, and community events.